Warning: json_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/customer/www/johncassellforsheriff.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 2064
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/johncassellforsheriff.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 2066
Warning: array_merge(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, null given in /home/customer/www/johncassellforsheriff.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 2115
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/johncassellforsheriff.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 2119
John Cassell for Sheriff
“As Sheriff, I will give the citizens of Henry County my dedicated and loyal service and I will constantly strive to be proactive and to protect in a manner which is professional and ethical.
I will set the bar high for those that I lead and will expect nothing from the men and women under my command that I am unwilling to do myself.
As a community leader, I will lead by example. I will also expect to be held to the highest of standards by the citizens of Henry County because they should expect and demand nothing less.”
- December 2018 – Present: Carilion Police Department Roanoke, VA, Police Officer – Sergeant (Shift Supervisor).
- October 2017 – November 2018, Garda-World Federal Services McLean, VA. Diplomatic Security Department of State Contractor Protective Security Specialist / Designated Defensive Marksman. (Top Secret Security Clearance).
- February 2002 – Retired October 2017. Henry County Sheriff’s Office Henry County, VA. Lieutenant of Professional Standards Div./Accreditation Manager (Special Weapons & Tactics Team Leader/Sniper).
- June 1997 – February 2002 – Martinsville Sheriff’s Office Martinsville, VA. Deputy Sheriff/Shift Sergeant. (Jail Emergency Response Team Leader).
- June 1993 – June 1997 – Memorial Hospital of Martinsville/Henry County Martinsville, VA. Security Officer.
- August 1989 – June 1993 – Martinsville, VA, Sara Lee Knit Products. Armed Security Officer.
- July 1986 – July 1989 – U.S. ARMY 82nd AIRBORNE DIVISION Fort Bragg, NC, Airborne Rigger/Infantry; Rank E/4 Corporal
- Certified Designated Defensive Marksman (Sniper)
- Certified Protective Security Specialist
- Incident Command System (ICS-300 & 800)
- Department of Criminal Justice Certified General Instructor
- Distraction Devices, Chemical Munitions, and Specialty Impact Munitions Instructor
- Flashbang Instructor
- Background Investigation for Police Applicants Instructor
- ASP Tactical Baton Instructor
- Oleoresin Capsicum “OC” Instructor
- DCJS Certified Defensive Tactics Instructor
- DCJS Certified Firearms Instructor
- Pepperball Instructor
- Certified SWAT “Level 1” Team Leader
- Defensive Tactics Redman Suit Instructor
- Integrated Use of Force Instructor
- Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings Instructor
- WMD Tactical Operations Certified Instructor
- LE Active Shooter Emergency Response Instructor
- Legal/Liability Management for Tactical, SWAT, and
- Emergency Response Operations Trained
- Certified Patrol Rifle Instructor
- Glock Armorer’s Course
- Law Enforcement Sniper Certified
- Crime Scene Investigation School
- Criminal Investigator School
- The Reid Technique of Interviewing & Interrogation
- Arizona State University, Tempe AZ, Master of Emergency Management/Homeland Security (2017). Overall GPA: 3.7 Honors: Cum Laude
- Averett University, Danville, VA, Master of Education (2008)
Overall GPA: 3.6 Honors: Cum Laude
- Bluefield College, Bluefield, VA, Bachelor of Science Administration in Criminal Justice (2004) Overall GPA: 3.6 Honors: Cum Laude
- Patrick Henry Community College, Martinsville, VA. A.A.S., Administration in Criminal Justice (1994) Overall GPA: 3.6 Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society, Honors: Magna Cum Laude
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- LE Officer of the Year 2014 – Henry County Sheriff’s Office
- Valor Commendation – Henry County Sheriff’s Office 2003
- “Employee of the Year 2000” – Martinsville Sheriff’s Office
- “Officer of the Year 2001” – Martinsville Sheriff’s Office
- Honor graduate in the NCO Leadership School, Ft. Bragg NC
- Army Achievement Medal
- Army Good Conduct Medal
Get Campaign Updates
Sign up to receive the most up-to-date news, announcements, and event information for the John Cassell for Sheriff Campaign.
Countdown To Election Day